Friday, August 8, 2008

Upcoming Movies - Students Killing one another



Here is a movie spin-off that is coming soon that I thought I should let you know about.



It is none other than Battle Royale. I don't know if you have ever heard of it but it was an extremely controversial novel, written by Koushun Takami, that was later on turned into a Japanese cult classic movie. Battle Royale is about a high school class that is forced to kill each other. Although it is not guaranteed that this one will be made, because of the Virginia Tech Massacre (for obvious reasons). The original one is an excellent movie that dealt with student relationships, guns, love, hate and more. It is definitely one my top favourite films. If you ever get a chance to go to Japan, make sure to grab the DVD. If your lucky they might have it at a Chinese night market.




Also if you loved Kill Bill. The actress who plays Gogo Yubari is in it.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched this film ages ago. Its much better than Kill Bill or the one those wrestlers did. I forget the name. This film is pretty oldschool already.

Graini said...

I have seen the movie, thats awe some, the killing action seem so real and horrifying

Anonymous said...

im not a fan of gruesome movie but this one is awesome..

Unknown said...

I may check it out & I loved her in Kill Bill, I think she was the best part of the movie!

Unknown said...

I would like to add that this film is not only about the gore but about the real emotions that these students go through. It also makes you wonder what would happen if you were put in that situation. I think personally I would kill myself because the weight of taking someones life will always bring you down. How about you?